Looking to interview people for a 2022 project entitled: #HealingUgandaAt50.
In the first instance, we're looking to interview both Black and South Asian people who lived in Uganda from 1960 - 1985.
Topics of conversation may include but are not limited to:
* The historical context of the expulsion
* Integration into new cultures & communities
* Black x Brown relationships/interactions
If you didn't live in Uganda during the dates above but still have a touchpoint to the country (e.g., grandparents, parents, or relatives), we'd love to hear from you.
If interested, please DM or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We would also like to extend an invitation to anyone interested in donating material or collaborating to get in touch. As part of the project, we'll be hosting an exhibition and therefore are looking for:
* Personal photographs Uganda c. 1960-the the 1970s
* Early life abroad Documents
* Unpublished writings (diaries, written recollections)
* Documentation related to immigration and resettlement